.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monograph

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Slow Company?

I used to like Fast Company magazine. It was focused, it was punchy, it had an agenda. OK it was hardly a heavyweight one and it pandered to the worst tendencies of business gurudom but you knew what it was about. If you had ten minutes to kill and wanted to read something interesting about how to do business (as opposed to business news) you could go there.

I've just visited their site for maybe the third time in a month. On none of these visits have I got past the first page. I just didn't know what to click, and when I bothered to look closely at what was there there wasn't anything to interest me.

For all I know fast company may still be a fine magazine. However their website is now so bad I'll never find out.