.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monograph

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Dr Deming

I've just been reminded by a piece in the Harvard Business Review that if anyone can help me apply statistics to web analytics it's Dr Deming. The man who made Japan what it is today - namely efficient.

I've been struck recently by how much of web analytics is basically counting, I know of no off the shelf package that will run a regression or tell you the standard deviation in your daily traffic. Yet these are powerful statistical tools which aren't all that hard to understand.

I spy a gap in the market, and finally an incentive to unearth the MBA textbooks from the storage room they have been consigned too. (principally because they were shipped here in a 40KG book box and we live on the 4th floor, wheras storage is at ground level.)