.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monograph

Friday, June 04, 2004

New personal best

For the 2.5 mile circuit. Got it down to 16:27.3. Must check the distance again, cause if this really is 2.5 miles - or anything close to it, I'm flying. (by my own rather sluggish standards)

That's sub 6:40 miles. Can't be right.

OK, I've checked and it's about 2.3 miles (hard to be sure, we live right on the edge of the map and a small part of the route has to be guessed.)

Which makes 7:10 minute miles or thereabouts. I'm still rather pleased. It is quite frankly, quick enough. My tenuous goal at the moment is to do the dam to dam run in September which is 17k, so it's time to stop worrying about speed and focus on distance. If I can do the whole thing in 9 minute miles I'll finish in just over an hour and a half, which seems like a reasonable goal.