.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monograph

Friday, July 30, 2004

Updates

So I should probably mention that I've been hired by Greenpeace to be their 'Internal Communications Officer' which is nice. My brief is all about addressing internal communication and issues around their intranet. Plenty to get my teeth into there.

To cover the other usual subjects round here...

Iraq is still going to hell in a handbag. If there's a plan at the moment it seems to be that the Iraqi people will get terror fatigue before communal hatred becomes the dominant force in their lives. That's not just my take, the UK parliament seems to agree.

The US election is showing just what a mess things are over there, in most years these wouldn't exactly be revolutionary comments from a candidate.

"I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war. I will have a vice president who will not conduct secret meetings with polluters to rewrite our environmental laws. I will have a Secretary of Defense who will listen to the best advice of our military leaders. And I will appoint an Attorney General who actually upholds the Constitution of the United States.

And Newcastle have signed Patrick Kluivert, which is going to make for an interesting season. Gary Speed's moved on, probably at about the right stage, but only 'cause we've got Nicky Butt for a bargain £2m and we've added James Milner to our 'collect a set' of former Leed's players. I guess Robson's done the most important part of his pre-season shopping, since after the complete demoralisation at the end of last season I'm actually looking forward to this one.